POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Can't Access Certain Commands in Tools : Re: Can't Access Certain Commands in Tools Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can't Access Certain Commands in Tools
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 15 May 2004 22:53:51
Message: <MPG.1b1085443553abc2989a43@news.povray.org>
In article <web.40a525af27c58a6aff0268740@news.povray.org>, nomail@nomail
says...
> Oh, I forgot to ask the most pertinent question: How do I use or activate
> TMPGEnc?

You just run the program and it will give you a list of options to encode
to. I don't know enough about what each does to say exactly, but some are
MPEG-2 for DVD, etc. I think you also pick the specific encoder to use
too. Most people are probably using DivX or one of the other popular
ones. Some are oddballs that work in some players but not others, etc,
mainly do to bugs in the way the players deal with the codec. Some codecs
like AngelPotion are just junk to begin with, crash and produce
intentionally bad files (popular with the truly cheap pron sites..)

In general, once you install a version of the DivX or other codec, then
'all' players on your system, from Windows Media Player, to WinAmp 5, to
DivX Player, etc. will all recognize the movie and play it without a
problem, which should answer your other question about which players can
play the movies.

If you plan to use PNG files to save space, but still have all the color
and quality (Where jpg loses quality and gif loses color), then you may
need to get the reader for TMPGEnc for PNG. Someone said that the
original file in these news groups was corrupted (or at least their
download was), so try getting it from my web site at:

http://www.geocities.com/shadowfyr2/cg/vfpng.zip

I tested the archive of mine and it is OK. It also should now be easier
for me to point people to as well. lol

The instructions for how to install these are someplace in the TMPGEnc
docs I think..

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()