POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Yet another frequently asked question -- making MPEGs : Re: Yet another frequently asked question -- making MPEGs Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:11:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another frequently asked question -- making MPEGs
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 25 Mar 2004 14:33:27
Message: <MPG.1acce1e030a3ef499899f6@news.povray.org>
In article <86w### [at] duchesstwilleyorg>, jmt+use### [at] twilleyorg
says...

> I spent a few hours trying to convert a pile of PNGs into something
> that would play on my MPEG player, and I wasn't able to make any of
> the tools work.  convert was able to make an MPEG video stream, but I
> couldn't get from there to anything that would play in winamp or
> Windows Media Player.
>
> Is there a document out there that says "run your povray command with
> the following options, take those images and run the following
> commands, and tada, you've got an MPEG file which will play anywhere"?

Hmm. http://ftp.imp.org/tech/vfpng.zip

This file once installed properly with TMPGEnc works nicely. Oops! That
link is dead, try:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.utilities/thread/%3C3a82f26c@news.
povray.org%3E/

Maybe someone should drop a copy of this to the TMPGEnc people themselves
to host, since they are a lot less likely to vanish off the face of the
earth or at the very least are certainly a more likely place to look for
the file. :(

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()