POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : OT: GIMP tip : Re: GIMP tip Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GIMP tip
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 19 Mar 2004 16:22:38
Message: <MPG.1ac512608b6a78b39899eb@news.povray.org>
In article <405a1f80@news.povray.org>, jel### [at] M-yahoocom says...
> Among other things, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>
> > I don't mind all the floating stuff, except it takes up room it doesn't
> > need to when I am not actually using it and you can't get the main image
> > window to behave in anything even approaching a sane and usable way as it
> > exists. I much prefer PSP. Imho.. If Gimp's main tool window was smaller,
> > taking up only the top of the screen, its other gadgets where drop down,
> > that just showed the basic title of the toolset, these things remained
> > floating on the 'top' of the other windows and Gimp was smart enough to
> > 'tile' or 'stack' images in the space below the main toolbar (and to not
> > screw up the tiling if you zoom in or out on one of the images), I would
> > have been quite happy.
>
> In case you don't know/remember: You can "roll up" windows in KDE, just
> double-click the title bar (I think that's the default) and the window will
> shrink to it, then just hover the mouse for a couple of moments on the
> titlebar and it will unroll.

Hmm. Interesting.. The only issue here is that I was trying to use Gimp
on Windows, since I don't have a licensed version of PSP for both of the
machines I need a graphic editor on. Of course Gimp malfunctions on 98,
so that really didn't help me much. But nice to know that feature exists
under KDE. If Gimp worked right for me under 98, I would check to see if
it did there too, but I think I am better off just deleting it. They
don't recommend using the Windows version on Pre-NT systems anyway. :(

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()
  else