POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : OT: GIMP tip : Re: GIMP tip Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GIMP tip
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 17 Mar 2004 20:26:28
Message: <MPG.1ac2a8869ec30ec49899e8@news.povray.org>
In article <405832a2@news.povray.org>, tho### [at] trfde says...
> Of course, Microsoft has long abandoned this nonsense for most
> of their applications...

I assume you are joking? lol Seriously, some cases it is nice to have
floating windows. However, I don't use IE, Netscape, Mozilla or anything
else that opens more than one window without my permission. For browsers
not having a master window (or worse having it decide to create a new one
for no damn reason) is a pain in the ass. Same imho for programs for
photo editing or any other application where you *want* a single key
window that everything else sits on top of.

Good design = using windows in ways that make sense.

Bad design = using windows in some way just because "that's what everyone
is used to, so it must be right".

Gimp gets it wrong in one way imho, so does most of the stuff MS has made
over the years in the opposite direction.

Then again, I am trying to run Gimp under 98, which is, "not suggested",
and not only have most of my tool windows vanished someplace recently,
but it won't print either. Sigh...

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()