POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: JPEG2000 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG2000
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 10 Mar 2004 21:18:06
Message: <MPG.1ab979e72b9a9a99899e2@news.povray.org>
In article <404e9fb8$1@news.povray.org>, dne### [at] sanrrcom says...
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
> > The only real advantage a
> > digital camera gives is "instant use" of the image or the ability to
> > transfer it to your laptop as you take it
>
> Well, that and the ability to see what you've taken as soon as you take
> it and to throw away the crappy photos for essentially zero cost. When
> you take 10 times as many photos as you normally would and reshoot the
> ones that didn't come out as you expect, you wind up with a lot better
> pictures.  Of course, if you're an experienced professional, you don't
> need to do such a thing.
>
> If you're getting visible artifacts from a good digital camera, you are
> definitely good enough that you ought to be using film. ;-)

That rather depends on the camera. Every manufacturer uses different
setting to 'optimize' and the best one isn't always the one with the
highest price either. I would prefer something that if compressed didn't
have 50 different options some company could tweak to screw up the final
result. ;)

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()