POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Semi-transparent rocket exhaust plumes ? : Semi-transparent rocket exhaust plumes ? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:16:52 EDT (-0400)
  Semi-transparent rocket exhaust plumes ?
From: Bjorn Jonsson
Date: 19 Feb 2004 19:43:32
Message: <MPG.1a9f688f58da0b098968f@news.povray.org>
Has anyone done a realistic-looking semi-transparent rocket exhaust
plume (no bright fire and no smoke) and if so, how ? I'm thinking of
something vaguely similar to these (except it will be from a spacecraft
in space and not on the ground):

http://www.clavius.org/img/az50fire.jpg
http://www.clavius.org/img/tit2-engine.jpg

And maybe a bit like this although I want a much more regular plume
shape:

http://cs.space.eads.net/sp/images/Plume_S10-2.jpg

Basically, what I want is a faint plume with a fuzzy outer boundary,
with its visibility strongest (and also the lowest level of
transparency) not far from its outer boundary as in the links above.

--
Bjorn Jonsson / bjj### [at] ZZZmmediais
Address changed to avoid spam. Remove YYY and