POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : File load failure : Re: File load failure Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:16:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: File load failure
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 2 Feb 2004 15:03:13
Message: <MPG.1a885a006a66c6cc98998c@news.povray.org>
In article <401d72cd@news.povray.org>, war### [at] tagpovrayorg says...
>   Removing this feature would be a major drawback for the format.

I can see it being useful and I don't suggest myself that it should be
removed. However, I wouldn't mind seeing a new command of some sort that
does treat the contents of a file as raw data, instead of trying to
interpret it. There are script languages that do something similar, but
they provide a means to read code *or* data. Currently POV-Ray only does
interpretation and it is the one which tends to be convenient only if you
are aware of the oddity and how to use it.

It is definitely an interesting quirk though.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()
  else