POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray just doesn't fit in a production workflow : Re: POV-Ray just doesn't fit in a production workflow Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:12:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray just doesn't fit in a production workflow
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 22 Dec 2003 21:52:02
Message: <MPG.1a51591f9e12b49d989959@news.povray.org>
In article <3fe6f13c$1@news.povray.org>, tra### [at] inapginrafr says...

> > I am wondering, whether NURBS support is anywhere on the POV-team's
> current
> > agenda.  I've seen such a feature request come up before, and it seems
> like
> > such a generally useful modelling integration feature that I am surprised
> > that nobody has attacked it before.
>
> One issue is that there are not many free/unexpensive modellers that
> supports NURBS

Considering the wide range of programs people do use with POV-Ray,
including Poser that are not exactly free, is this really an issue. I
would prefer some support for things found in expensive programs frankly.
I would much rather, if forced to buy something, buy one program that has
all (or most) of the features needed, instead of the usually method of
trying to find 50 different cheap of free programs that all do one thing
fairly good (though not always as well as needed), but can't do anything
else worth shit. NURBS is one of those things I have tried to fiddle with
and wish was supported in some native fashion.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()
  else