POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : No POV-Ray at Renderosity site : Re: No POV-Ray at Renderosity site Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:28:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No POV-Ray at Renderosity site
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 6 Sep 2003 14:54:24
Message: <MPG.19c3d9d7d76de28098989e@news.povray.org>
In article <3f5a1e45@news.povray.org>, git### [at] wanadoofr says...
> Renderosity started as a Poser site and since the Poser gallery, forum and
> store are still by far the most populated areas...

Imho, this is a slightly questionable 'standard' by which they chose to
categorize things anyway. Poser can't create the original meshes it
manipulates, it is practically worthless for producing the final product,
requiring that instead the model be exported and used in something else,
etc. Yes, it is nice to know which images used poser, but the real work
gets done in most case within some other piece of software. It should be
at the very least, cross indexed to the actually engine used to produce
the final result. And of course if you happen to use an engine that isn't
one of those listed (and some of them are, or at least I have never seen
them used to produce anything except, absolute junk).

I have to say that it bugs me as well that POV-Ray isn't listed as an
option, but stuff like Amorphium are given their own category. Has anyone
ever produced something with that which doesn't look like bloody
claymation? lol Or maybe that is the only thing it is supposed to be used
for...

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()