POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image map filenames with extended ASCII characters (PoseRay development) : Re: Image map filenames withextendedASCIIcharacters(PoseRaydevelopment) Server Time
4 Aug 2024 10:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image map filenames withextendedASCIIcharacters(PoseRaydevelopment)
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 28 Jul 2003 17:54:18
Message: <MPG.198f4871873a8560989847@news.povray.org>
In article <3f2441f9$1@news.povray.org>, tho### [at] trfde says...
> In article <MPG.198dcefec22b76a9989846@news.povray.org> , Patrick Elliott
> <sha### [at] hotmailcom>  wrote:
>
> > I however have trouble imagining any modern systems actually suffering
> > from this issue so severely that the result is not a mere flipping around
> > or replacement of a few letters that would give the file a funny looking
> > name. But, you say it is a problem, so I'll shut up now. :(
>
> No, you still got it all upside down.  Probably I didn't make clear enough
> that there is a huge different between what you as a user see and what a
> program will "see" (not really, but I can't explain it better without going
> into endless details).

Sigh.. Well I have run into something like this with file names from a
unix system that I tried to unpack to a Windows machine. The fact that
this particular program included make files and headers that where
'supposed' to let it compile under windows didn't change the fact that
most programs like WinZip are apparently not smart enough to know the
limitations of the system they run on and offer to let you rename the
damn things. I can imagine a similar situation for files in POV, so... :(
Oh well... :p

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()