POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Liquid-Surface-Simulation-Macros released! : Re: LSSM Update! Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:21:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LSSM Update!
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 28 May 2003 14:44:56
Message: <MPG.193eb15e84e901249897fc@news.povray.org>
In article <3ed4ee2e$1@news.povray.org>, tim### [at] gmxde says...
> I tried swallowing waves by setting certain
> nodes to zero-height, but this has the same
> effect as a wall does, waves get reflected.
> I think this is due to how the heights of nodes
> are gathered and averaged to spread the
> waves, a zero height is still different than what
> the travelling wave would have been, and
> voila: the wave seems to get reflected.
>
> The only other solution I could think of would
> be to pass the wave heights on to a next node,
> much like pushing the waves downstream...
> The top line, which can't get data from anywhere,
> will then just randomly create new heights.
>
> I'll cook up the code and post it in binaries.animations
> shortly.

Ok. Will be interesting to see. ;)

I do realize that like most stuff not implemented in the engine this is
basically a hack, but half the useful stuff people do are hacks. lol A
complete system would obviously include the surface 'pushing' objects
around and different amounts of wave absorption as well depending on
material interacted with. This is obviously not practical in your macros.
;) lol But it is definitely a nice tool.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()
  else