POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Liquid-Surface-Simulation-Macros released! : Re: LSSM Update! Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LSSM Update!
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 24 May 2003 18:33:21
Message: <MPG.1939a104f761c6bf9897f5@news.povray.org>
In article <3eceac45@news.povray.org>, tim### [at] gmxde says...
> Regarding the wind:
Haven't actually tried your macros yet, but.. With respect to wind things
are somewhat complex. On the low end you get 'cats paws' little
displacements that look like some animal running across the water. These
can happen in no specific pattern or can leave a trail across the water
that aren't visible on what is around it until the wavelets spread out
and fade. Higher winds follow a similar random displacement, or perhaps
simply a larger number of displacements with greater force. To be
realistic any simulation of wind would likely need to duplicate these
effects.

Then there is the second things I have wondered about. Moving an object
through water is one things, how about removing what is already there,
like when a foot goes in and out of the water, or like with boiling
water, where there are 'pockets' that when they reach the surface leave a
sudden 'hole' in the surface and thus cause the displacement? I would
prefer to get bad news about these sorts of effects from the horses mouth
so to speak, since trying to read other peoples code, especially when
complex math is involved leaves me cross eyed and seriously confused. lol

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()
  else