POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rune? Christoph Hormann? : Re: Thanks you two Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:13:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Thanks you two
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 16 Mar 2003 16:03:26
Message: <MPG.18de90d667c24135989778@news.povray.org>
In article <3e741c3a$1@news.povray.org>, the### [at] maccom says...
> Well, on second thought, I can do it if you're using Windows. :) If you're using
> Linux or something like that then a C++ port will probably be the way to go.

Wish there was at least a VBScript clone under Linux. When the mud client
I use gets ported over to it I am going to lose my favorite script
language for coding. Python looked promising (I.e. reasonably non-
cryptic), but the developer or Mushclient couldn't get the engine to link
in and work right, it kept crashing the client under windows. :P

For that matter, it would be nice if someone designed a Basic language
that supported the stuff VB does and got it bloody right. lol Some very
strange quirks in the language and some where actually added that didn't
"ever" happen in QB. lol

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()