POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : request tutorial on room making : Re: request tutorial on room making Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: request tutorial on room making
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 24 Feb 2003 18:51:40
Message: <MPG.18c459e9853beeec989753@news.povray.org>
In article <cja### [at] netplexaussieorg>,
cja### [at] earthlinknet says...
> In article <web.3e5a2d52eae6ae964bef8670@news.povray.org>,
>  "breeze" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>
> > i've just downloaded moray, it seems to be very useful, do you know where
> > can i get a tutorial for povray or moray that has to do with making 3d
> > rooms ?
>
> Kind of an odd request. You create a room much like you create any other
> object, I doubt anyone has written a tutorial on the subject. For just
> an ordinary rectangular room, use boxes for the floor, ceiling, and
> walls.
> If you want a lighting tutorial, a Google search should turn something
> up, but I can't think of any off-hand. If you just want ideas, maybe
> look at some architectural photography.

Actually. It was one of the tutorials in the old POVRay book, but wasn't
terribly impressive as an example. lol

Biggest thing is scale and position. You need to make sure the camera is
actually where a persons eye level normally would be and that other
objects are the correct size for the room. Get one of these wrong and you
will never get it to look right, but otherwise it is as Christopher said,
basically no different than making anything else.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()
  else