POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Making this Christmas ornament look more real : Re: Making this Christmas ornament look more real Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:14:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making this Christmas ornament look more real
From: Graphic Designer
Date: 4 Dec 2002 16:22:55
Message: <MPG.18583c8b84e558b989682@news.povray.org>
In article <3dee6a4c$1@news.povray.org>, omn### [at] charternet says...
> Looks like you might be using version 3.1 still, or at least haven't thought
> of using the variable reflection feature of 3.5. I think that might help
> some but since an ornament like this usually reflects in a mirror-like
> fashion it wouldn't vary a great deal I guess.
>
> The solid white background is distracting to me, so makes it look like a
> cut-out. Or maybe you are intending to use it with a transparent
> backgound...?
>
> A surrounding environment as has been suggested, even if only a sky_sphere,
> would help unflatten it.

Yeah, I'm still using 3.1, mainly because I'm not going to have time to
figure out the new features of 3.5 (I need to have this finished by Dec
10th).

I'll try adding a background, and maybe something behind the camera to
reflect (I'll take a digital photo of my living room, and use that).
Thanks for the suggestions.

-Ed
--
Edward Wedig