POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My particle system is released : Re: My particle system is released Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:14:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My particle system is released
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 21 Oct 2002 00:54:27
Message: <MPG.181d34b7bc3608d29896a1@news.povray.org>
In article <3db2c91c$1@news.povray.org>, run### [at] mobilixnetdk
says...
> I don't feel that way. But then, I have very little money myself, which
> probably makes even worse the thought of other people making profit on
> my work.

I can't say I am particularly comfortable in either side of the fence. I
find that increasingly you have to either wait around in hopes someone
will put out an open source program that by some miracle contains the
code you where looking for 3 months earlier, have to intentionally break
the licenses of 6-7 people, each of who have a piece of something you
need to get the job done, but all of who seem to think using the code for
anything that make money is bad, or buy some software program that has
all the features integrated and is totally useless because you can't use
most of them the way you intended. It bugs the hell out of me... So in a
general sense I do understand your view, but at the same time being not
spectacularly skilled at 3D art, having so little money have trouble
keeping my bank accounts open and being in no position to buy anything
unless I absolutely 100% have to have it and can't find a something else
to use instead, I also find your attitude seriously irritating. lol

I will probably take a look, but being another of those 'have very little
money' people I doubt I will be using it even for my own personal use
(which for things like this is imho a silly concept right from the
beginning...).