POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blocky Horizon Reflection : Re: Blocky Horizon Reflection Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:21:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blocky Horizon Reflection
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 5 Aug 2002 16:09:03
Message: <MPG.17b8ec5a42e42143989ba0@news.povray.org>
> You can see a small sample image showing the blocky horizon at;
> http://home.attbi.com/~sblaufuss/scene250.bmp
>
> Any help with this would be appreciated.

Patches (IIRC) are converted into triangles during parsing, and the only
way to get a truly smooth reflection is either a) up the U and V steps to
higher, more processor intensive values, or b) try and figure out another
way to make the surface you want using CSG or an isosurface, for example.

Somebody else may have ideas though, so don't take my waffling to be the
final word.

Jamie.