POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Any 3D realtime engines for Pov-ray : Re: Any 3D realtime engines for Pov-ray Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:25:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any 3D realtime engines for Pov-ray
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 5 Aug 2001 16:41:20
Message: <MPG.15d7c0658af61dd59899b3@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 2 Aug 2001 17:46:02 +0200, Eduardo wrote...
> Pov-ray rules but I would like to use a realtime engine for
> it. Are there any? Free?

Not free.

The closest I can think of something close to what you may be looking for
is Moray, but that's a modeller, and not strictly a realtime engine,
although with a beefy enough PC and 3d hardware, then the OpenGl preview
may come close to a realtime engine. But you still need to render out to
good old fashioned POV for your final image.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.