POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stereo Rendering? : Re: Stereo Rendering? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stereo Rendering?
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 14 Jun 2001 18:13:02
Message: <MPG.159347a3921955e7989956@news.povray.org>
> > Seems to me it would be the same as the physical
> > camera attachment, just four mirrors at 45 degree
> > angles.
> >
> >  |    |
> >  |    |
> >  \-\/-/
> >    __
>

>     When I do that, I get a single image in the center, which
> experimentation reveals is both halves joined in the middle.
>
>     Life is hard when you don't know what you are doing.

I messed around for a while (about a week or so on and off) trying to get
this system to work, but got nowhere.  As far as I can tell, the problem
is that the diagram above assumes an orthographic view.  Using an ortho
camera, it might be possible to get it to work by tilting the two outer
cubes so that their reflections are focused on a point in space...

But that's just speculation, and I haven't the faintest idea of how to do
it with a perspective camera...

Bye for now,
     Jamie.