POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV processor comparison... : Re: POV processor comparison... Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV processor comparison...
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 24 Apr 2001 15:34:04
Message: <MPG.154fe54c5e20bca9898e9@news.povray.org>
OK, I've done a few tests using the PIII optimised version on my Athlon
1.33Ghz system.

Here are my results, running various versions of WinPOV with render
priority turned up to max, and GUI priority turned right down, oh and as
many systray programs as possible killed off.

Good old fashioned skyvase.pov rendered at 640x480 aa0.3 (standard
quickres.ini modified to add a 500k buffer) :

Watcom 3.1g                0 minutes 19 seconds
MegaPOV 0.7                0 minutes 17 seconds
PIII optimised version     0 minutes 17 seconds

galaxy.pov also at 640x480 aa0.3 from quickres.ini :

Watcom 3.1g                1 minutes 58 seconds
MegaPOV 0.7                1 minutes 49 seconds
PIII optimised version     1 minutes 27 seconds

Pawns.pov again at 64x480 aa0.3 from quickres.ini :

Watcom 3.1g                1 minutes 47 seconds
MegaPOV 0.7                1 minutes 21 seconds
PIII optimised version     1 minutes 16 seconds

These values may be slightly skewed singe I only ran each trace once,
rather than running multiple times each time on a fresh reboot and
averaging results, but to be honest, that was far too much like hard
work, so draw from these numbers what conclusions you will.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.