POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV processor comparison... : POV processor comparison... Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  POV processor comparison...
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 23 Apr 2001 15:02:03
Message: <MPG.154e875dec5bdd789898e2@news.povray.org>
http://www.tech-report.com/reviews/2001q2/pentium4-1.7/index.x?pg=6

I don't know how many people out there will have seen this, but it may
provide some useful info for those looking to upgrade their systems in
the near future.

I may have to go and grab the PIII optimised version to see if it does
make much of a difference to rendering speeds on my Athlon...

Personally I find it interesting that the 1.33Ghz Atlhon running Vanilla
POV beats the 1.5Ghz P4 running an optimised version.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.