POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : translating a texture : Re: translating a texture Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:07:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: translating a texture
From: Sander
Date: 1 Mar 2001 16:19:11
Message: <MPG.1508db2b11ae572c9896f9@NEWS.POVRAY.ORG>
In article <3a9d5546@news.povray.org>, Geoff Wedig says...

> I wouldn't think so, though some textures, such as spiral and wood wouldn't
> be very interesting in those extremes.  Do you have examples where this
> occurs?
>
> Geoff

I wil put an image in p.b.i. showing part of a cylinder with same
texture twice: the lower has the texture translated 100x more than the
upper, and the scale has been 40 in stead of 4 to get anything
acceptable. The lower shows what I was referring to: the texture seems
to be discontinuous along sharp vertical boundaries, for one thing.
There is more amiss, however...
:(
Ron and Margus: thanks for the explanation! What a luxury to get answers
so quickly from you people :)  I will simply have to use less
translation and scaling, I suppose.
--
Regards,  Sander