POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : POV Texture Editor : Re: POV Texture Editor Server Time
2 Jul 2024 09:52:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Texture Editor
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 19 Jan 2001 16:23:55
Message: <MPG.14d2b2c58cdb1768989875@news.povray.org>
[snip]
> author and I have the same tastes in GUI design/layouts) but there will be
> features he hasnt done yet, like refraction, average function, visual slope
> map editor, and all the usual features. So far, all the controls are layed
[snip]

Err, Moray already has refraction and average support, but not the visual
slope mape editor.

Refraction is under the interior section of materials, and average is one
of the pigmentmap options (in fact, in looking to see where it was I
found that Moray, at least will let you nest averages...)

As far as registering it goes, <shrug> it's down to personal preference.
Personally, I shudder at the sight of a text editor when I have to work
with POV, but there are other people out there who have the same reaction
to modellers.

Anyway, good luck with your project.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.