POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : fire media : Re: fire media Server Time
8 Jul 2024 11:41:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fire media
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 5 Jan 2001 14:57:57
Message: <MPG.14c032535260b873989866@news.povray.org>
> > > I made a candle lit with an emission media.
> > > When the background is black the flames look right, but as soon as I
> > > add the candle to my scene the fire looks too clear, even if I
> > > increase the amount of emission. What should I do?
> > > Should I add absorption or scattering media to the fire ?
> >
> > My opinion is that emission media is not the right way to do flames and
> > such. Let it light itself but never use it for its surroundings. Things
> > have their uses but not as silver bullets.
> >

>     So, how would you do it Matt ?

Just thought I'd point out that you're unlikely to get a response, as
Matt Giwer has been barred from the server...

See The message in povray.general posted on the 30th of December by Ken
Tyler, entitled : 'Announcement: Matt Giwer has been banned from
news.povray.org'  for more details.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.