POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : feature request (regarding &,|) : Re: feature request (regarding &,|) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:12:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: feature request (regarding &,|)
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 20 Nov 2000 13:51:00
Message: <MPG.148382314e8553fc989850@news.povray.org>
On 20 Nov 2000 05:22:15 -0500, Warp wrote...
> : Sorry if I'm ranting, but I get a little fed up of seeing people trying
> : to turn POV into a programming language, when, in my opinion, it isn't
> : and shouldn't be.
>
>   But the povray scripting language IS a programming language (since it's
> Turing-strong).
>   Making it a better programming language can make only good.

By better, I assume you mean more like other, established general purpose
programming languages, e.g. C, C++?

Personally, that doesn'y fit my definition of 'better'  But that's
probably just me.

Of course it's entirely possible that I'm misinterpreting something
somewhere along the lines.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.