POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : feature request (regarding &,|) : Re: feature request (regarding &,|) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: feature request (regarding &,|)
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 17 Nov 2000 15:17:05
Message: <MPG.147f9db69ed5d68f98984d@news.povray.org>
On 17 Nov 2000 10:01:13 -0500, Warp wrote...
> : You said it: it would open the door to needlessly confusing code.
>
>   Why it would be confusing code?

Because not everybody on these groups, or indeed everybody who uses POV,
is experienced in, or capable of reading C style code.

I have enough trouble reading POV code as it is, and adding (more)
abstract symbols to the scene description language would kill my ability
to understand roughly what is happening in a scene file.

Sorry if I'm ranting, but I get a little fed up of seeing people trying
to turn POV into a programming language, when, in my opinion, it isn't
and shouldn't be.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.