POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problem trying to bound a sphere : Re: Problem trying to bound a sphere Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:14:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem trying to bound a sphere
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 1 Nov 2000 17:06:19
Message: <MPG.146aa3cb1a864ad2989830@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 1 Nov 2000 21:59:32 -0000, Tom Melly wrote...
> I haven't tried it, but could it be that your bounding sphere is the same
> radius as the globe - a coincident surface type problem?
>
> Try making the bounding sphere a unit bigger? Also, shouldn't your globe be
> "inverse"?
>
> WARNING - I'm usually wrong.

You may be here, 'cos I think  the bounding sphere is commented out in
the code he posted there...

Oh, and I have no idea what the problem may be, since I tried a similar
scene through Moray and MeagPOV 0.6a, and nothing I did could get MegaPOV
to tell me the sphere was infinite...

<grasping at straws>
Maybe it's something to do with the image mapped texture?
</grasping at straws>

Bye for now,
     Jamie.