POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My own raytracer, need some docs... : Re: My own raytracer, need some docs... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:24:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My own raytracer, need some docs...
From: Erek
Date: 20 Aug 2000 10:03:03
Message: <MPG.140a03ad4b0f74ef989681@news.povray.org>
In article <399EA958.52093EC9@yahoo.com>, lem### [at] yahoocom says...

> impossible with opengl... only possible with a raytracer... and then again I
> talked about Millions of cylinder...  one day I might need Billions and so
What is the point of using so much objects? Unless you 're wanting to
render it at VERY high resolutions, they simply can't show up in your
scene, as there is more than one object per pixel... And probably the
objects in the front hide an enoumous amount of objects in the back.
You should really reduce the amount of objects. If you optimize it the
right way it should show no difference at all in the resulting image.