POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New version of HamaPatch out... : Re: New version of HamaPatch out... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:24:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New version of HamaPatch out...
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 5 Jun 2000 18:03:47
Message: <MPG.13a6290eb17454229896d7@news.stmuc.com>
> Hey now, give a guy a break now and then, huh? ;-)

Certainly, which limb? <grin>

> Actually, I was spending time trying to figure out what was new in the
> program, besides the obvious (and to my tasted quite redundant) menu window
> feature. Still I suppose it could be a usable feature to some, though I hope
> control of whether it is on or off in the beginning is put in the ini file
> or etc menu in the future.

I wasn't trying to put down your efforts, it's just that I noticed there
was a new version up on the authors site, and decided to mention it on
the NG's for those who hadn't checked...

And is it just me, or is the OpenGL preview in HamaPatch faster than the
one in sPatch?  Although I'm not sure if HamaPatch uses OpenGL...

> Anyway 2.05 is on the mirror now if a bit late. Notice the current version
> is always accessible at the site through the "guaranteed current version"
> link leading to the zip file on Hamakazu's site. (My slack-off insurance)

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable precaution to me.  You can guarantee
that even if you check the site daily, the new version will be uploaded 5
minutes after you last checked...  :)

Bye for now,
     Jamie.