POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : hamaPatch info anyone? : Re: hamaPatch info anyone? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:20:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hamaPatch info anyone?
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 12 May 2000 18:24:00
Message: <MPG.138660bc9237e6279896a8@news.stmuc.com>
> I might get nowhere asking but... does anyone know about why
> hamaPatch (the modeller) doesn't Open or Save files and also why
> sPatch importing doesn't recognize sPatch files?
> Or am I the only one with it happening like it is.
> Wish I could read Japanese at the web pages, might help.  Maybe I can
> get a translation from it though.
> TIA anyone.

Hamapatch can open and save files, it just does it through the import and
export menus, as I don't think the author has decided on a Hamapatch
specific file format yet (not necessarily a bad thing, given the sheer
number of perfectly adequate formats out there, like sPatch for one).
Please note that this is all guesswork :)

As far as not recognising sPatch files, the only files I've had problems
with using the new version are the example files that came with sPatch,
and even that was cured by just opening them in sPatch and saving them
elsewhere as .spt files.

Try looking in this newsgroup for the thread sPatch-Seen it around
lately? as there has been some discussion of Hamapatch in it.  The first
message of the thread was posted on the 30th of April this year.

Hope this has been of some use.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.