POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : sPatch-Seen it around lately? : Re: sPatch-Seen it around lately? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sPatch-Seen it around lately?
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 3 May 2000 15:38:12
Message: <MPG.137a8ed77bccd63b98969c@news.stmuc.com>
In article <39107299$1@news.povray.org>, mik### [at] pyxiscom says...
> I wasn't following this entire thread, and looked back to find a post that
> includes the link to Hammapatch - couldn't find it - can you please post it
> again.
>
> I'm interested since you say that you'll be using it instead of sPatch

Look at:

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Ginza/6625/soft10.html

Unfortunately, the .lzh you grab from there has problems in Winzip, so I
posted a .zip version to p.b.u a couple of days ago.

There is no help file (not in English, anyway, and I speak zero Japanese)
but it's easy enough to figure out how to do what you want, and the
tooltips help.

ddombrow, it *does* have an OpenGL preview like sPatch, at least on my
system.  :)

What else...  Well, other than the fact that it can be a bit awkward to
initially get used to after using sPatch, nothing much.  In fact it seems
a hell of a lot more accomplished generally than sPatch did.

Please note, I'm not badmouthing sPatch, it's just that sPatch did what
it did, and not much more.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.