POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I heard it on the news a few days ago... : Re: I heard it on the news a few days ago... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:18:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I heard it on the news a few days ago...
From: rico
Date: 27 Jul 1999 13:26:14
Message: <MPG.12079959ecee59d1989688@news.povray.org>
In article <379da7a6@news.povray.org>, lan### [at] usanet says...
> Not trying to put a damper on this and please don't flame me, but does
> anyone else get the feeling that soon we're going to have too much power and
> we as humans just won't be able to handle it?

	Well, to answer seriously, I'd have to say NO.  The phrase "we as
humans" covers quite a bit of ground.  I can handle all the mechanical
power that we can imagine, personally, and I'm sure others feel the same
way.  There are people right now who feel that the iron age was a
mistake.  I don't mind leaving those people behind!  <smile>
	I think the more we challange our minds, the more our minds evolve
and expand to handle those challenges.  That's a good thing, in my
opinion.

Rich Allen

P.S.  More power to me, at the moment, would be an up to date Superpatch!
<grin>