POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : dreams of POV 3.5 and 4.0 : dreams of POV 3.5 and 4.0 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  dreams of POV 3.5 and 4.0
From: Noam Lewis
Date: 13 Apr 1999 10:51:49
Message: <MPG.117d7863a3638ea9989683@news.povray.org>
I've thought about it for a while, and I've figured what I think is the
best strategy for further development of POV:

First, like the POV team had anounced, POV 3.5 will be a 3.1 with many
new patches built-in as an official version. This would make it possible
for us to use these patches without worrying if there would ever be any
program that support them. I would love to see, for example, UVPOV part
of the official pov-ray.

Then comes POV 4.0, which is really a new version. I think it is a good
idea to build it in a very object oriented fashion. Maybe its good to
keep it backward compatible, but the suggestion in the previous message
concerning this matter is quite good. It would allow easy implementation
of Inverse Kinematics and complex animations. It would be a whole new
POV.