POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Center of Text-object : Re: Center of Text-object Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Center of Text-object
From: Mike Williams
Date: 1 Dec 2005 12:28:51
Message: <LkDhmNA9JzjDFw9F@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Warp who wrote:
>Mike Williams <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:
>> Not in official POV, but there are h_align_center and v_align_center
>> keywords in MegaPOV.
>
>  Aren't they kind of obsolete? It isn't much more difficult to do the
>same with the extents functions.

The extents functions were there first, but the MegaPOV text alignment
options keep getting reinvented. Over time MegaPOV has had "position 2"
and "align_center" syntax for text centring as well as the current
"h_align_center"/"v_align_center" syntax. I guess some people feel that
there's a need for it.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure