POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Size of .tga image : Re: Size of .tga image Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Size of .tga image
From: Peter Popov
Date: 7 Dec 1999 05:51:56
Message: <K+VMOJjc8SPbYBb12fbq=tY0T+bl@4ax.com>
On Tue, 7 Dec 1999 00:49:35 -0500, "Mark Wagner"
<mar### [at] gtenet> wrote:

>I ran into this problem as well with my custom compile of POV-Ray.  For
>unknown reasons, the code for saving TGA images sometimes does not compile
>properly, and as a result, the most significant byte of the image size is
>not written properly.  The fix is as follows:
>
>In file TARGA.C line 282 or so, fully parenthesize the four lines of code
>for writing the image width and height, so that you get the following:
>
>      /* write width and height  Bytes 12 - 15 */
>
>      putc(((*width) % 256), handle->file);
>      putc(((*width) / 256), handle->file);
>      putc(((*height) % 256), handle->file);
>      putc(((*height) / 256), handle->file);
>
>Then recompile POV-Ray.  This should fix the problem.
>
>Mark

Mark, if this is a bug, and this is a fix (and they seem to be), would
you please post a proper bug report to povray.bugreports? Thank you.
This seems to be very platform- and compiler-specific, but still, if
it is a problem...

I would check this myself but I don't have a compiler installed (yeah,
I have Cygnus and Linux but I don't feel like messing with my already
installed Linux POV; call me a wimp :) )

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700