POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Light emitting media and NKFlare : Re: Light emitting media and NKFlare Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Light emitting media and NKFlare
From: Mike Williams
Date: 21 Mar 2005 15:44:31
Message: <JUphKDAmIzPCFw7D@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Beowulf Shaeffer who wrote:

>Before I move onto the other planets, I want to make the sun have a flare. I
>pursuit of this I have been trying to use NKFlare, but I really _can't_ get
>the damm thing to work.
>
>Anyway, when I try to render this POV-Ray jumps to the nkflare.inc file, and
>hihlights the line
>
>#local lf_2light = cam_loc - light_loc;
>
>and says (at the bottom) "Parse Error: Cannot initialise uninitialised
>identifier"
>
>Can anyone help me to get this to work? It would be much appreciated.
>
>I am using POV-Ray 3.6 for Windows, and this is my third day of POV-Ray.

The order in which you do things matters. NKFlare wants to use variables
like "cam_loc", "light_loc", and a pile of stuff that's created in the flr
file, so you have to declare those variables before the #include, and call
space2.flr before nkflare.inc.

Like this:-

#declare cam_loc = <0, 0, -1000>;   // use the x, y, and z of your camera
#declare light_loc = <0,0,0>;       // use the x, y, and z of the light
                                    // you wish to flare
#declare lookat = <0, 0, 0>;        // the look_at vector of your camera
#declare sky_vect = <0,1,0>;

#include "space2.flr"
#include "nkflare.inc"

--