POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : negative IOR : Re: negative IOR Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:31:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: negative IOR
From: Mike Williams
Date: 9 Aug 2005 16:29:47
Message: <IG8BeGA1IR+CFwSK@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Sorc who wrote:
>Hi,
>is there a way to implement a negative ior? It should be easy to implement
>it, because snells law is still valid (the light is just refracted to the
>"wrong" side).
>Povray limits the ior to values > 1.0 as far as I know.
>
>Any ideas?

I thought it allowed IOR to be less than 1.0, but if not, you can
certainly invert your shape and fill the rest of the universe with a
higher IOR value. Only the difference in the IOR values at the interface
are significant for determining the angle of refraction.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure