POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3dnoise: help me understand. : Re: 3dnoise: help me understand. Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:09:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3dnoise: help me understand.
From: Peter Popov
Date: 6 Oct 1999 14:16:36
Message: <HQr7N1l2odvbF64yU9CGl3JJviVJ@4ax.com>
On Tue, 05 Oct 1999 19:13:26 -0400, "Greg M. Johnson"
<gre### [at] my-dejanewscom> wrote:

>Yes, you are linearly scaling the structure. Your density will not change as a
>function of position if you make scalar operations like those.  I want to make
>a sphere that is "100% dense" at r=0, but gradually tapers off to zero or a
>minimum density at r=some R.   This is easy to do with media.

noise3d + min(0,1-sqrt(x*x+y*y+z*z))

and play with the threshold. I have only used the superpatch once but
I can guess that this formula will be 100% dense below a certain
radius (probably sqrt(threshold) ) and fade to noise3d at a distance 1
from the origin. Try it out.

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700