POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Changing resolution... : Re: Changing resolution... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:30:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Changing resolution...
From: Peter Popov
Date: 21 Nov 1999 16:02:58
Message: <G104OF2GxiSC82mvAp5vdd7urfUb@4ax.com>
On Sun, 21 Nov 1999 19:03:29 +0100, "Martin T. Thoma"
<mar### [at] radiok2rde> wrote:

>Changing resolution...
>

>Hello !
>
>I'm using PoV-Ray for Windows 9x. You could set the resolution of the
>rendered image in the ListBox (like "320x200 NoAA"). But there are only
>some possebilitys, and I need a picture, which width is small, but which
>is very high (like "100x400" or so...).
>
>My questions:
>
>1.) How can I choose another resolution then given in this list-box ?
>
>2.) Is it possible to "save" the resolution in the PoV-Code ?
>
>Regards
>
>Martin
>
>P.S.: Please mail your ideas, too. Thanks !

Go to the Tools menu and select "Edit secondary INI file". There
you'll see the different preset resolutions in the order they appear
in the drop-down resolution menu. The format is:

[Name]
Width=100
Height=400
Antialias=on/off (choose which one)

For more INI settings read the docs, but this should give you a good
start. The other replies mentioned the quick solutions, but this has
the advantage that you save this resolution as a preset you can
quickly select later.

Have fun POVing!

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700