POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : isosurfaces, textures and csg difference. : Re: isosurfaces, textures and csg difference. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:14:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurfaces, textures and csg difference.
From: Mike Williams
Date: 31 May 2004 13:57:08
Message: <FgrinPApH3uAFwZm@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Bill Hails who wrote:
>Mike Williams wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> What value are you using for max_trace?
>>

>hmm, thanks for the suggestion, it was at the default
>but changing it to 20 made no difference.
>
>if it helps, here's my code for the isosurface cylinder
>(vim syntax highlighting converted to html):
>
>http://thyme.homelinux.net/IsoCylinder.html

I assume that's the old version, since it has no Max_trace in the
isosurface{} block.

In my tests, that code wouldn't work at all in conjunction with
difference{} until I added either max_trace or all_intersections inside
the macro.

[You couldn't possibly be confusing max_trace with max_trace_level,
could you?]

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure