POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Spline : Re: Spline Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:25:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spline
From: Mike Williams
Date: 15 Jun 2005 13:13:26
Message: <FRmy7EAVFGsCFwS7@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Oleguer Vilella who wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Can I modulate this isosurface using a linear_spline?

It's not clear what you are trying to achieve with that code. It's
possible to fix it in various different ways to achieve various
different results. The main problem is that splines are three functions
of one variable, not one function of three variables, so instead of
S(x,y,z) you have to use the three functions S(?).x S(?).y and S(?).z,
where "?" could be x, y or z.

Take a look at the examples on these pages for some ideas of what can be
achieved. I believe that all the examples work equally well if you
change them to linear splines.

http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/more.htm
http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/splines.htm

--