POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Imagemap MapType : Re: Imagemap MapType Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:22:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Imagemap MapType
From: Alan Kong
Date: 17 Nov 1999 22:08:06
Message: <FGwzOPgm66ziikQc1K1+3BAnQjk7@4ax.com>
On Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:14:30 -0800, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

>Easy :) Make a box out of 6 flat boxes or an intersection of 6 planes.
>This will allow you to map an image to each face individualy. It is the
>only method that I know of.

  Yeah, that's how I've done it in the past, Ken. Works well. I mapped
different image maps of a girl who worked as a model for a photographer in
Hawaii (he granted permission, as long as it was uploaded to CompuServe,
only). Rotated the box and placed a reflective sphere in the background so
one could see the backside of the box. Fun to look at but it's all gone when
my Pentium 200 died :(