POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just a passing thought on religion : Re: Just a passing thought on religion Server Time
10 Oct 2024 03:18:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a passing thought on religion
From: Chambers
Date: 24 Dec 2008 02:50:00
Message: <F9C38200E6D0474AA4B32E6E9F98E512@HomePC>
Physics
> tells you "this is what we currently know". You not believing it has
> zero
> effect on the fact for as long as you can't provide any evidence of
the
> contrary. (If you can, then usually expect a Nobel prize, or at least
> worldwide recognition.)

A corollary to this is a common distrust of doctors.  Some people feel
that Doctors don't really know anything about how the body works, and
that certain mythologies (holistic & herbal medicine) are more reliable
than modern medicine.

Now, don't get me wrong: I strongly believe that natural therapies can
be extremely effective.  I also believe that the science of medicine,
based on centuries of experimental observation, can often be far more
effective.  After all, that's what science is: trying something, and
recording the results.  By nature of it, it's bound to be more effective
than other methods.

...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com