POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I'm old... : Re: Survey of ages Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:23:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Survey of ages
From: Alan Kong
Date: 9 Sep 1999 07:04:51
Message: <F5DXN9=ogtMBXNTI42dVDP6EuL1g@4ax.com>
On Thu, 09 Sep 1999 08:28:00 +0200, Marc Schimmler
<sch### [at] icauni-stuttgartde> wrote:

>If you have scanner you can use a method created by Simon de Vet. Hold
>you head over the scanner and make a scan. Use this pic as a
>heightfield. Gives amazing results. Even my 75$ scanner did it in a
>acceptable manner.

  Don't forget to close your eyes ;) I just know some wise guy would submit
a heightfield targa or .png for us to render and it would turn out that they
sat down bareass over their scanner.

  I recall reading a story about how many years ago F1 driver Gerhard Berger
somehow got ahold of his McLaren teammate Ayrton Senna's passport. As they
were going through customs at an airport Ayrton relinquished his passport to
the officials and the photo inside was that of a pair of buttocks. Gerhard
was standing behind a nearby curtain, laughing.

--
Alan
news.povray.org - where POV-Ray enthusiasts around the world can get