POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just a passing thought on religion : Re: Just a passing thought on religion Server Time
10 Oct 2024 03:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a passing thought on religion
From: Chambers
Date: 24 Dec 2008 02:36:49
Message: <F1CFA848D4904E29B2D5B46E40AB7627@HomePC>

Actually, I think it depends on what you mean by "universe."  Of course, I
get annoyed by people who refer to the Universe as local reality(1), since
it seems fairly obvious to me that the Universe encompasses everything(2).

But then, certain misnomers get so ingrained into society that there's no
hope of rooting them out.

(1)Leading to the idea of the Multiverse, or multiple universes (multiple
everythings?).

(2)Since the universe is everything, then there is no "before," as
anything before would merely be part of the same universe.

...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com