POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "best" way to create an shape covered with a picture? : "best" way to create an shape covered with a picture? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  "best" way to create an shape covered with a picture?
From: Jeff Kish
Date: 18 Nov 2002 20:54:34
Message: <EJnZPbtpCghb5wuNusBXFxgV+kHg@4ax.com>
Greetings.

I am a beginner. I have gone through some tutorials for moray and
pov-ray. I have some pictures of my son I would like to map to a 3d
shape (shaped like his head of course).. what is the best way to do
this? I tried messing around with the pigment/image_map stuff, but
that looks like I am going the wrong way there.

Answers are good.. pointers to answers are appreciated. Heck, I'll
even take a flame if it answers my question!

Thanks
Jeff