POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image Map Tutorial? : Re: Image Map Tutorial? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image Map Tutorial?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 7 Apr 2000 17:33:04
Message: <DFPuODMuVbWufOng07FHepFtaUot@4ax.com>
On Fri, 7 Apr 2000 14:17:09 -0700, "Chris Spencer"
<chr### [at] bluelectrodecom> wrote:

>Everything seems fine except for one miniscule problem.  A mirror image of
>the image map projected on the opposite side of the object.  How do I
>counteract this?

The usual approaches are two.

1. Split the object in two, apply the image map to one half, glue them
back together

2. Use a proper textur_map to constrain the image map. With a planar
map type a planar pattern works best, and a radial pattern is usually
used with the other map types (I am not considering UV mapping, mind
you).

Hope this helps.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet