POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Language of POV-Ray : Re: The Language of POV-Ray Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Language of POV-Ray
From: Glen Berry
Date: 14 Mar 2000 00:48:00
Message: <D5TNOASIAvcmq=v7ZHjaH6KAifJl@4ax.com>
On Thu, 09 Mar 2000 19:13:21 -0500, Chris Huff
<chr### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

>Still, my first point was a platform specific editor feature is no
>substitute for a language feature.

Whos said anything about a platform-specific editor?

There must be something I am overlooking here. Aren't programs that
deal with ASCII text some of the most easily portable programs? Why
does a POV scene editor ( not a modeler, mind you ) have to rely on a
lot of platform specific coding? I'm sure someone will be quick to
remind me of the reason I seem to have forgotten.

Later,
Glen Berry