POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isosurface to Mesh? : Re: Isosurface to Mesh? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:27:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface to Mesh?
From: Mike Williams
Date: 21 Feb 2008 13:31:16
Message: <D$CrtYCzGcvHFwdO@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Kirk Andrews who wrote:

>It seems like someone had developed a macro that would produce a mesh from an
>isosurface.  Is that still available?  Could someone direct me there?

The original webpage of Kevin Loney's Approximation Macro seems to no
longer exist, but there's a copy of his macro, and the version modified
by Jaap Frank, in the download file in my isosurface tutorial.

http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/approx.htm

Be warned: In the vast majority of cases, the total time required to
parse and render the approximation is greater than the time taken to
render a real isosurface.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure