POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : convert isosurfaces to mesh : Re: convert isosurfaces to mesh Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: convert isosurfaces to mesh
From: Mike Williams
Date: 9 Sep 2003 18:17:24
Message: <CCoseMAC9kX$EwdU@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it JC (Exether) who wrote:
>I've been looking around and couldn't find any tool to 'convert' an
>isosurface to a mesh. Does anyone have this kind of tool (preferably
>povray script) handy ? Otherwise I'll have to write it myself, but I
>suspect it will take some time, so if I can avoid it ...  :-)

I've looked at Kevin Loney's approximation macro and Jaap Frank's go-
faster version for my Isosurface tutorial. Note that for many
isosurfaces it is faster to render the isosurface than it is to use the
approximation.

For parametric isosurfaces, there's Ingo Janssen's param.inc, which has
the advantage of being considerably faster than the original isosurface.

See my <http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/> for details.

--
Mike Williams